Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Thanksgiving with Stacked Leaves

Hi again! I created another Thanksgiving card with these beautiful fall colors I am enjoying so much! I am entering this card in The Heart Desires Challenge #5. You can see the inspiration to the right of my card.

    
For this card, I made my own patterned paper for the back ground by stamping two different leaf designs. The sprig of three leaves is from Clearly Besotted, and the pale oak leaf is from Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves. ( For the oak leaf, first I made s stencil out of the oak leaf die and then used distress ink and a dauber to sponge the color directly on the panel through the stencil.) 

I wanted to use the stacked elements for the Heart's Desire Challenge, so I stacked three large Lawn Fawn maple leaves in the center and highlighted them with a brown scalloped circle from Spellbinders. The leaves themselves were die cut out of Neenah Solar White and inked up with Distress inks in several colors. Then, I applied Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint to give them a rough (yet shiny) texture. 

The back ground panel was die cut with My Favorite Things Blueprint #27 and the sentiment is from Lawn Fawn, white embossed on brown card stock and adhered on top of a piece of gold ribbon. The close up photo shows the shine and rough surface of the leaves. I like how this card turned out!
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment