Saturday, April 9, 2016

Happy Birthday in Gold

Hello fellow crafters! I made this card with several challenges in mind! I'm sorry the quality of the photo is so poor. This was a concerted effort to use Essentials by Ellen WITH Taylored Expressions for the Ellen Hutson Mix It Up Challenge! Lucky me, it's also an embossed birthday card so it fits in the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge Happy Birthday! and the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge TRY TO RESIST!  AND, I realized that it also met the requirements for the Lawnscape Challenge #127 Beautiful Florals



 I used "Bohemian Gardens" from Essentials by Ellen for the flowers and leaves, and I used the "Shade Tree Greetings" for the Happy Birthday sentiment. Hard to see but it's embossed with "Gilded" embossing powder from Brutus Monroe. I also used this embossing powder to create a resist on the card panel. I then applied Distress Ink in Abandoned Coral and Ripe Persimmon onto the panel with a blending sponge. I spread some Viva Modellier Creme in Gold around the outside of the card, so it would create a shiny gold border. The flowers were actually water colored using Zig Real Brush markers/pens with some Wink of Stella in their centers and Glossy Accents. Below is a larger pic showing the embossing/resist/ water colored flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment