Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Climatis and Tic Tac Toe Challenge!


Hi fellow crafters. I have been practicing with water colors. The climatis stamp below is from Technique Tuesday and I wanted to be as realistic as I could with the color. My climatis shown here is the old fashioned purple color which I love. I have had this plant for about 10 years. These pictures are several years old. I moved to a new house a year ago and just transplanted this climatis to a new spot a few weeks ago. I had "stored" it at my son's house for the past year. Naturally, I am thrilled to get it back!

I made this card for the current Tic Tac Toe Challenge #8. I selected the center vertical sections - Enamel Accents, Color, and Labels.

It took me some time to figure out how to achieve the Labels part, but luckily I had some to choose from. This "Hello" label is from Julie Nutting. I had the paper in my stash and seriously love the striped glittery piece from Best Creation Inc called Winter Wonderland. The other blue is from DCWV Textured "Brights." I had some dark blue sparkly enamel dots which I added to the top of the card and rounded the corners for a softer look. The panels are cut with My Favorite Things DieNamics Stitched Rounded Rectangle Stax.
       




No comments:

Post a Comment