Monday, November 2, 2015

Leaves, leaves, glorious gorgeous ginger colored leaves!

Going to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp  Monday Challenge

So Glossy!



A few weeks ago I watched Jenn Shurkus coloring leaves with distress inks, blending colors together, applying Tim Holtz crackle and highlighting with browns. They were gorgeous! I had to try it. The gold ones below were done the same way as Jenn's using distress inks and the crackle paint on Lawn Fawn leaf dies. But the orange ones were accomplished with brusho powder water colors. I used the brusho in reds, oranges, and yellolw on two pieces of water color paper covering the entire area. Then I spritzed the paper with gold spray (need to check the brand!), let them dry and cut out big leaves with the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Grand Maple die.

I used a spellbinder die to cut a design from my "fall" paper and layered it on brown card stock and a white card which I colored with a bit of distress inks around the edges. I was looking for something to place in between my leaves, and decided on a pumpkin from Poppy. I covered it with versa mark and used a clear embossing powder which created a dark glossing brown. I liked it so much that I decided to do the same for the "Happy Halloween" sentiment which is from Poppy. 
I wish the shine showed up better here. It's really bright and pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment