Friday, September 11, 2015

"Wonderful Butterfly" card

I'm highlighting a card I made a week or so ago.
It fits into the My Favorite Things Challenge #245  perfectly.


The central image is from Stampin' Up "Watercolor Wings." It's a three step stamp and the colors turned out wonderful. I used Ranger Jet Black, My Favorite Things Tropical Teal, and Color box pigment blue which is slightly embossed. The "Honey Blossom" sprig is from Memory Box. I cut it from Hero Arts Cerulean paper and inlaid it in the card. Yes, that took me a while to figure out AND three attemps!! Here is a close up:


The aqua glitter paper, which matches the cerulean paper, comes from DCWV Glitzy Glitter 6 X 6 pad. I used a Martha Stewart border punchfor the butterflies across the top of the black border. Lastly, the sentiment is My Favorite Things "Simply Fab Sayings."

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful butterfly and fantastic inlay! So glad you played along at MFT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam. It took me a few tries before I got that right. But that' how we learn, right!?

      Delete